Reasonable Faith: Rational Evidences for Christ Jesus
Purpose of this website:
- To provide rational evidence and answers to those
who are not yet Christians and
help them decide what is the purpose in life
- To help fallen Christians who have been led astray by
false information about Jesus
(such as, "Jesus was a myth", "Jesus did not exist", etc)
to regain and build a faith that is based solidly
on logic, reason and historical and scientific facts.
- To provide ironclad evidence for Jesus' life and deeds
on this earth
to those who are already Christians so that they can be
- A famous atheist is now a famous deist:
- The atheist chicken Richard Dawkins refused
to debate the "Existence of God"
with William Craig:
Microsoft Powerpoint Presentations:
There are some PowerPoint presentations on this webpage.
If you do not have Microsoft Office (PowerPoint) installed,
you will need to install the free PowerPoint viewer to
view these presentations.
Here is the download location of the free PowerPoint
viewer software at Microsoft:
Overview and Introduction:
Part 1: Historical Evidence
The following Powerpoint presentations were developed from the material
in this section for two different occasion.
They give an execllent overview of the historical evidence for
- Is the Bible is
a book of fiction, legend or history
- Youth Retreat 2002:
- Reasons why the Bible is
- Nehemiah Fellowship 2005:
Examining historical evidences:
Who wrote Gospels and When was it written ?
- Discusses the historical evidence that the gospels (biographies of
Jesus) have all be written within 30-50 years after Jesus' death
- Due to their early dates,
the accounts are highly reliable
( because memory fades)
- Reasonable faith is bolstered by this evidence
which shows that the Bible is historically accurate.
How did the New Testament come down to us: the New Testament canon
- Discusses the ways and means that the New Testament have been
transmitted through the age
- There are no printing instruments in the ancient days and
the text in the Bible was copied manually (by scribes)
- Evidence are presented that demonstrate that the copy process
have been extremely accurate and the text of the New Testament
that we have now is 99.5% accurate (99.5% identical to the
original Biblical text !)
- Reasonable faith is bolstered by this evidence
which shows that the Bible that we have nowadays
is historically reliable.
Powerpoint slides on the historical evidence
supporting the accuracy of the New Testament:
(Please read the warning below before viewing !!!)
WARNING: these slides contain some pictures on
the Holocaust (systematic killing of Jews in Nasi Germany)
and the Nanjing Massacre (in China by the Japanese).
May not be suitable for younger people.
"Contradictions" in the New Testament:
- Skeptics often attack the Bible being inaccurate and untrustworthy
because it contains a multitude of "contradiction"
- This webpage explains why some passages in the Bible appear to
be contradicting each other, but in fact they are not.
- This is a must read for anyone who faces these challenges from
unbelievers or wants to help other believers understand the Bible
Powerpoint slides on clarifying some "contradictions"
in the Bible:
Corroboration of New Testament manuscripts:
- An account is more convincing if it is corroborated by
independent unbiased witnesses.
- This page present numerous non-Biblical historical source
(Roman historians, Roman officials, Jewish historian, etc)
that support some important accounts of the New Testament
Powerpoint slides on the historical corroboration
of the accounts in the Bible:
- "Stones do not lie".
This webpage present archeological evidence that support
the accounts reported in the Bible.
- The Bible is set as a Historical Narrative, describing people,
places and events
- Archeological finds have confirm the existence of many of the people,
places and events described in the Bible - no archeological finds
have ever contradicted the accounts in the Bible.
The incredibly accurate Luke:
- The Gospel author Luke is a scientist (a physician) and wrote two
huge documents: Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles
- Luke did it after analyzing every detail that he heard and
his account is so historically and scientifically accurate,
that many former skeptics were confronted with the true reality
and became believers
- This webpage details the many historically facts that Luke reported
and have been verified to be historically accurate.
Did Jesus ever claim to be God ???
- Some skeptics claimed that Jesus himself never claimed to
- This short webpage will set them straight
Evidence about Jesus' Resurrection:
- The Christian faith is founded/based on one single event:
- This is a crucial event and Jesus himself said that
the resurrection was the only sign given
to the skeptical Jewish leaders in His time.
- But this event is also very hard to accept since
none of us has ever seen someone die and come back to life again.
- But fortunately, God has left behind ironclad evidence
for us to examine and we can base our belief on these rock solid
The traits of the promised Messiah:
- This webpage goes through a number of things that the Old Testament
said about how the Messiah would be and compare the traits
A close look at Isaiah 53:
- In this short webpage, I like to challenge the sons
of Israel (who do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah)
to take a close look at Isaiah 53.
- Is it really taking about Israel ?
- Or is Isaiah talking about the Lamb of God who takes
away the sin of the world ?
Why Jesus had to die and evidence of atonement:
- This webpage discusses the question of why Jesus must die -
why can't an all-loving God simply forgive our sins ?
- It also describes a number of strange events that
were happening in the Jerusalem Temple after Jesus' death which
have been reported in the Jewish Talmud and the Jewish historian
- There are even love tarot cards in use today depicting the loving form of Jesus. Find out more here.
What happened to the 12 disciples of Jesus ?
- This webpage give a summary on what happened to Jesus' 12 disciples
- Many of them died a cruel death for their faith - and all they
had to do to escape their earthly death was to simply denounce
Lost Tomb of Jesus ???...Yeah, right...
- A Discovery Channel "documentary" (more like a movie)
claimed that the Talbol Tomb in
is the family tomb of
- They had to jump through a number of hoops to draw this
- In this webpage, I will highlight some of the most fantastic
hoops that the film makers had to jump through
to make their Jesus (who is a poor carpenter and lived
in Nazareth) to become a weathly middle class fellow buried
So close... and yet so far...
- This is a Microsoft Powerpoint
presetation discussing the dangers of Calvinism.
- Clavinsim preaches predestination of the elect:
man is dead in sin; as dead objects, man cannot do anything
to achieve salvation. God has done everything.
Because God is the author of every saving act, it is in Gods
own chosing as to whom will be saved: predestination.
- Although believing in Calvinism itself will not in anyway
affect your salvation; what you DO after you believed
in the doctrines of Calvinism may send you thorugh an
entire different direction.
- (I prepared for the College Fellowship in our church)
Part 2: Scientific Evidence
- Science has recently discovered many "coincidences" in physics,
chemistry and biology that - without these amazing coincidences -
the universe and life would not be possible
Origin of life:
- Living cell consists of millions of protein molecules.
- Even the most simple cell would need several thousands protein
molecules to implement its functions.
- Making protein molecules require the right type of amino-acid
molecules, chained in the right sequence.
This is a painfully difficult process (chemically speaking).
- This webpage discuss how unlikely life can come to existence
by a purely natural process
Information of life:
- This webpage discusses the structure of the living cell and the
information that is encoded in DNA molecules
- It shows that the communication process inside a living
cell is identical to the communication process between two
- We all know that computers did not just "happen" to start
communication by themselves - human intelligence made it happen
- Then how likely did the communication process in a living cell
just "happen" by itself ?
- The evidence that the information in cells are put there by
a super-natural being is so overwhelming that the former atheist
Antony Flew has converted to a deist.
Here is the ABC article:
The Religion of Evolution:
- The "Theory" of Evolution has been presented as an "accepted fact"
in elementary middle and high schools
- However, more and more scientists with PhD degrees
are rejecting this "accepted fact":
here's a list of names
- Have you ever wonder why some biology text books use
a drawing from the 19th century that show all vertibrate's embryo's
look alike at an early stage ? Well, because in reality, they don't !
See picture ->
- This webpage discusses many idols of the "theory" of Evolution
- It goes through a number of well-known examples of evolution
and shows that each one is either a fake, a lie or a misinterpreted
Powerpoint slides on problems in the "Theory" of Evolution:
Things to Ponder about Evolution and Creation:
- This webpage discusses a number of problems that the "theory"
of Evolution is facing; among these: irreducible complexity,
converging (directed) random process.
- It also discusses a molecular engine that is so well designed,
that we humans cannot build with our million dollar laboratory -
and this molecular engine is - according to the "theory" of Evolution -
supposed to "have happened somehow" by a random process
(of which we don't have a clue how that can be possible).
Powerpoint slides on Intelligent Design vs
The incredibly precise design of our universe:
- This webpage discusses the precise tuning of the physical constants
that make it possible to have light as well as heavy elements
in the universe - without either, life would not be possible
- The second half of this webpage discuss the many characteristics
of our galaxy, solar system, planet and moon that make it
possible for live to florish on earth.
- The likelihood that all these things happened by chance
(i.e., a random natural process) is incredably low - some what
like buying one ticket a week and winning the
state lottery for a few years straight....
It's so incredably unlikely, that science has coined a new term to
describe this unexplicable phenomenon: anthropic principle.
It is as if nature is "destined" to produce life...
Powerpoint slides on a number of incredibly
coincidental facts in nature that makes the universe and life
Evidence for Creation:
- Discusses the "Polonium Halos" found in granite - these halos
can only exist when the granite are formed almost instantaneously
(as in an instantaneous creation)
Daniel's 70th week:
I am working on a more graphic webpage:
End Time Timeline:
- In 2005, I got interested in studying Revelations.
I read commentaries from several sources and read Revelation,
Daniel, Isaiah several times.
Gradually, the sequence of events contained in the various
predictions begin to fall in place.
To understand the various predictions, I decided to
organize the events into a time line.
This webpage is the preliminary result of this effort.
It helped me to understand the book of Revelations, Daniel
Matthew 24, and Luke 21 much better.
- Youth retreat 2004 - On Problems in the Theory of Evolution:
- Youth retreat 2004 - On the accuracy and reliabilty of the New Testament:
- History of Christianity (Aug 2006):
Time Line of Christinity:
News on the Bible:
News on the book "The Case for Christ":